Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 13 - A Revelation.

Not a big revelation by any means, but a revelation none-the-less.

Kaylee has no uvula. A bit strange, I know. And for those who do not know...the uvula is the hangy thing at the back of your throat. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was, "at least she can't get it pierced!" and yes, they can indeed, pierce the hangy thing in the back of your throat. I was going to get it done once but chickened out and got my tongue pierced instead. :)

Anyway, that was just something I wanted to bring up, because I decided to do some research on the subject of a missing uvula and what that might mean for her in the future. And I found this happy tid-bit from the most reliable source on the interwebs - wikipedia! The research is backed up by the many medical journals that are listed on the sidebar of this blog :)

"When cleft palate occurs, the uvula is usually split. It occurs due to the failure of fusion of the lateral palatine processes, the nasal septum, and/or the median palatine processes (formation of the secondary palate)."

I just thought it was interesting. I had read it before during my initial research about this, however I never really looked at the back of Kaylee's throat to check. So, yeah. That was my revelation for the day.

Enjoy the barrel of happy that is my Kaylee!

Even moar nekkid Kaylee! My pickle is too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment