Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 13 - Of Snow and Other Things.

Colorado is such a lovely place. The un-official state saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes it will change." It is so true. Last week, we had highs near 70 - near 70 in Northern Colorado. This week, snow, and subzero temperatures. Fun times.

So, her Week 13 appointment was supposed to be on Tuesday of this week (1/31) however, because it was below zero and we do not have a garage or carport, our car froze and would not turn on, period. There was no click over, anything. It just wouldn't do it. So, we rescheduled her appointment for Thursday (2/2). My thinking was this: "forecast calls for 32 degrees, and cloudy." I forgot to check the forecast before I left and instead the weather was 32 degrees and holy crap snow! And lots of it. It snowed like crazy in Denver. It took us two whole hours to get home. We ended up borrowing Kaylee's Grandma Thomas' car because the heater in ours kinda blows - cold air that is.

Anyway, we are at the point in her NAM treatment that we no longer need to see Dr. H every week, and will now be going every two weeks until the week before her surgery. Eeeek. No more weekly trips to Denver? I think I might just be bored without that trip. As I said, she no longer needs to go once a week. She is doing so well, and Dr. A her surgeon really is liking the taping that I have been doing. He likes how in just two weeks the nose piece has really rounded out her nostril . I have yet to get a good picture of that, but that's ok.

I am getting fairly excited about the upcoming surgery. Of course, scared, but excited. I can't wait to see what her new smile is going to look like. I can't wait to see how she does feeding with an actual lip. She still will not be able to suck on anything, like make the sucking motion or whatever, but she will be able to make a seal around things with her mouth. We might be able to start teaching her how to drink out of a sippy cup that doesn't require suction (if there is such a thing).

Well, I suppose that is really all today. It snowed, Hurray! We took the slow road home, and we are that much closer to surgery number one. To end the day, almost nekkid Kaylee cuteness!

With Grandma Molina - nekkid Kaylee. Don't you just love the chubby rolls? 
I do



No comments:

Post a Comment