Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 12 - And Counting.

So, I had an interesting week.

Remember what I had said a little while back about not having had breakdowns over my daughter and what she has to go through? Strike that, because I had another on Tuesday. I called our surgeon to schedule Kaylee's surgery. Good old Dr. H said that Dr. A would not schedule surgery any farther out than six weeks or so. So, last Tuesday would have been five weeks out and we were told by Dr. H to schedule.

When I called, the schedule lady said that the earliest he had was in the middle of April. April. Three months. Three more months. So, I cried. My glorious mother helped me through it though.

However, it would seem that schedule lady is a bit off on her scheduling game, because Dr. A called me back by the following morning and had us reschedule it for March 15. 7 weeks. He apologized profusely for his schedule lady, she is always supposed to refer to him and ask him when he wants to do the surgery. Anyway, long story short: March 15th. My beautiful little girl will be ready for surgery in 7 weeks.

The only reason she would have her surgery canceled would be if she got sick or if she had ibuprofen (which you can't give a baby anyway). So, we should be just fine. She will have her lip repaired and ear tubes placed for proper drainage. YAY!

Kaylee did smashingly well this week. I have to applaud her for being such a strong little girl. And you see, she is the main reason why I don't cry, gotta be strong for her. Anyway, here are some pictures of cute, see you next week.

Without her NAM. See how close her lip sections are? This is at 12 weeks and 4 days with her NAM.

For the Horde!

No comments:

Post a Comment