Saturday, May 18, 2013

Potty Training Day 1 - Commence!!!

This is how things are going to go down. I am keeping track of accidents and successful pees in the potty. Here we are - we used the very last diaper since she woke up until 11:00am.

11:30am - SUCCESS #1;  we went in the potty, only because Mommy Monster made Kaylee Monster sit on it for half an hour.

I drew a happysad on my hand. Markers are great!

3:24pm - accident #1;
5:30pm - accident #2;
6:45pm - accident #3; I noticed her grumpy face for no reason, figured she was gonna poop, and sure enough some was on it's way out. Put her on the pot and she finished pooing! She then freaked out a little bit. But hey - I call this a partial success.

Coloring my princess book still.

8:12pm - accident #4; all over my leg :(
8:25pm - accident #5;
8:36pm - accident #6;
8:54pm - accident #7; on some coloring books :(
10:09pm - accident #8;

Learning about toilet paper.

10:47pm - SUCCESS #2; She felt herself getting wet, she said "uh, oh" turned around and went pee in her potty for the first time! She laughed as she watched. Oh, gosh. I just got really proud of my kid for going potty. Her reward was a Cinderella Coloring Book!

Mom pretty much gave up on clothes after a while.
12:36am - accident #9; she won't sleep for some reason. She almost made it to the potty though. Good effort.

I am SOOO done with this today. Let me go nitenite!
12:47am - She has passed out for the night. I have an alarm set to wake us both up in 4 hours to take her to the potty. Then right back to bed we go. Wish us luck on our first night of potty training.

Day one conclusion: I got frustrated during the 8 o'clock hour because it was so many accidents. But overall, it's not too bad. She's getting the idea of what she needs to do, but we need to work on timing. So, yeah. It's been a rough day one, but we'll keep on trying. That's all we can do. We have zero diapers and I am not spending money to get more. So...we're committed. We have no choice.

I'm off to sleep for a few hours so I can get the girl up to empty her bladder. :) Tootles. **side note - get more washable markers. These suckers will not come off of skin. I've washed my arm three times and it still looks like this:

I suppose that is what I get for letting my 2 year old pretend to tattoo me :)

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment