Saturday, May 18, 2013

Potty Training Day 2 - We're tired.

So, after a more accident than success day yesterday, I had a had time sleeping. I was listening to he baby monitor for any signs of accidents (crying, extra shuffling, whimpering, etc). So when my first alarm went off I was still up, anxiously waiting to see what happened while I lay there.

4:15am - dry as a bone, Kaylee Monster sound asleep.

7:15am - accident #1; I awoke to the sound of Kaylee crying from her room. She must have just gone.
11:53am - no accidents, but no success. It's like she refused to pee. Or doesn't need to. Except that she does, because she has had quite a bit to drink. *grrrrr*
12:02pm - SUCCESS #1; I guess I just needed to wait a few. I sat her on the potty and just made her sit. So....yay! Go us. This is hard.
5:30pm - SUCCESS #2; literally. She went poo on the big potty. She's still trying to hold onto her pee.
5:50pm - SUCCESS #3; Monster girl was coloring, I was making a scrapbook page, she walked over to the bathroom, pulled down the undies, got up on the potty and went. Without saying a word!!!! 
7:00pm - SUCCESS#4; peepee in the potty! peepee in the potty! 
7:18pm - accident #2; she was eating ice cream. It was a distraction.
7:25pm - accident #3; damned ice cream.
7:55pm - accident #4; corn dog was my enemy this time.
                          Also, noticing a trend. Our dinner hour is the most active of the night. Interesting, might need to focus on eating an hour or two earlier. 
8:14pm - SUCCESS #5; Pee in the potty.
                           Cutting off fluids, except sips of water. I think if I stop her from drinking an hour before bed, she'll be okay overnight. I'm still weighing the pros and cons of getting overnight sleep pants. But then she'll never train. So, no, I won't. But I kind of want to. No giving up! That's what I have to remember.
9:48pm - attempted to get her to go before she lied down for bed. No go. I'll be checking on her again in about four hours to see if she needs to, then every two hours after that. Yep. We're trying dammit. Hopefully the trend sticks throughout the week :) Fingers crossed.

Here is our night's ending picture:


Watching a little Cinderella before bedtime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment