Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Three Weeks Post - Op: Ah...Ear Infection.

She hasn't had an ear infection before now. They said that she would be more susceptible to them because of the improper drainage from her ears to her throat. So they put in ear tubes. Now, she has an ear infection. A bad one. We're going back to the doctor today to show him the ear drops the surgeon gave us, as well as her surgery report so he can go over it with us and tell us what we are going to do now. Poor baby girl. There are things coming out of her ear that I've never even thought possible. :(

On the other hand she is loving life. She is starting to be a roly poly on the floor! It is cute. We've been spending more and more time down there. I felt like she was spending way too much time in the exersaucer. I just want to make sure she is well rounded in her development. So, on the floor we go! She loves this little musical pad thing, that turns into a table. There are two settings on it, musical and educational (which are both the same thing really). She loves the handle that gets the alphabet rolling.

Well, that button sure is fun! ABCD....

Piano! She just loved that red button.
 So, we went outside the other day and she of course loved it. I think I wrote about that already...hmm. Yeah, that is about it for now. I just wanted to say, three weeks has made a world of difference on my Monster's face. She is just gorgeous, and I don't think she will have much of a scar. Next Monday we have her surgical follow up and we are also going for a visit with Dr. H (the dentist who did her NAM) to give her the scrapbook I've been making with all of the pics Kaylee had over the past couple of months.

The scrapbook itself is more of a help to the other parents are going to go in for the NAM treatment. Kind of a look at what to expect, how to feed them, etc, etc. A helping hand for those in need. Also, I think the pictures will kind of help them see actual changes that the NAM does. So, yeah. That is about it. There isn't anything actually done on the scrapbook yet. I've still got to add pictures, but you know how that is...waiting in line at the Wally world in order to get those things all printed out sucks a lot.

As for me...I'm getting a job. I cannot wait anymore for next fall semester, so I am just going to get a job for a few months to pass the time, and help pay bills of course. It should be fun - except it certainly has been a while. Should be good times all around! Anyway, happy Tuesday all! And have a last Kaylee pic before you go!

What? I'm on my tummeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment