Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring is Here and That Means....

Lily garden pruning. Yay! I know...I am a nerd. But I love, love, love my lily garden. Best. Flower. Ever. And I must say: my garden is starting to pwn n00bs. Today, I took out all of the fall leaves that cover the bed every winter (you know, to keep the bulbs from freezing and dying), added compost, and watered it. I looked at the soil after watering - a million big, fat earthworms were wiggling their way through the soil! Perfect aeration! I am going to have awesomesauce in the garden again this year.

*Ahem* Kaylee enjoyed her first spring day outdoors for more than a few minutes. It was sunny and warm so I put her in a onsie, pink leggings, and a coating of baby sunscreen for safety (I don't know if she is going to burn like her dad or not, so better safe than sorry). We pulled her exersaucer outside, because we don't have a swing-set type thing yet, set her in the shade and poof - she loved it.

I was mainly hoping that some of the fresh outdoor air would be able to help her with her airways - she has been a little sick lately. Ear infection and all that. But she seemed pretty happy watching Ronan pounce around in the back yard and all. She laughed a little and screamed when Ronan ran by her really fast. It was adorable. Then when we came  inside she decided that she really wanted to eat the limbs off of Jack Skellington, she slobbered all over him and threw him onto the floor. Poor Jack.

It is safe to say that she totally digs the outdoors. She liked grabbing onto the branches of the trees, she liked the way cool stone felt on her hands when she touched the garden wall. I'm not certain that she paid much attention to the spiders and earwigs that we found (goodness knows I paid attention), but she certainly loves the outdoors. It is supposed to be super nice outside again tomorrow - I've got to start planting herbs - so I will probably take her out again tomorrow, and take many more pictures. Here are some from today!

Ronan The Destroyer - destroyed by the fun!

So, this is the tree huh? Kinda big. I guess.

Go Ronan Go!

Hi Mom, watcha doin?

No comments:

Post a Comment