Friday, July 1, 2011

We Are Alive. Really. I Swear.

So, hello! Apparently this is turning out to be a monthly thing from now on. :( I am going to try harder to blog more. I love doing this and this is such an awesome way to keep people updated and informed. So, I declare, from this moment on that I will blog here at least once a week, even if it is about nothing except my lily garden - which has gone nuclear by the way. I have giant presidential red lilies spattering a field (a very small field, but a field nonetheless) of green.

My lilies. :P
But, I digress. Kaylee, that's what we're here for.

What? I want some dog food too!
 My little dove turned 9 months old on the 23rd of June. My goodness time flies by so quickly. Over the last two weeks I have watched her go from army crawling and pushing herself across the floors with her feet to full fledged hands and knees lightning speed. I mean, you leave the gate to the hallway open and she takes off for it so fast it's like the AOL man reborn (member the little yellow running AOL man? God I'm getting old). It is also so very amazingly adorable.

Check me out, trying to do dishes already.
 She's also starting to recognize and put names with faces. When I hold her I'll ask "Where's Ronan?" and she will look around at the floor until her eyes rest on our dog, and she smiles and makes a throaty growling sound (I think that is her way of saying Ronan). I'll ask "where's Daddy?" and she will look across the room at Grant, smile and gurgle. Grant will ask her "where's Mommy?" and she will look at me smile and then gurgle at me.

And this is Winnie, and this is Squishy, and my Xbox controller.
 I love her so much, and I seriously die when I have to go to work, but I love that look on her face when I sneak into the house through the kitchen when I get home. I peak around the corner so she doesn't see me and then Grant will say "where's mommy?" She will look around and I jump out from round the corner - the smile on her face makes me realize how lucky I am. How lucky I am just to be a mom, and not just a mom...her mom. I love my Kaylee. I think we all knew that though.

I have teeth. They hurt coming in, but I have 'em now, and I use them.
 So, now she is also starting to pull herself up to stand. We've had to move movies and books from the book shelves. We've plugged all of the electrified little holes that she could potentially put her little fingers into. We've put up the gate and blocked the way to the kitchen so she is confined to a small and managable space. We have cleared the room of all wires and hangy things, all table tops are now clear of anything she can grab, and we no can no longer have a drink in the room either. Life with a toddler. :) Wouldn't give it up for anything.

Ronan, how did you get over there?
Her very first Fourth of July is coming up too. I am going out tonight to buy her some sparklers. She's too little for all the other stuff. I can't wait to see how she responds to the big show that we get to see from our front yard. We have the best seat in the city in my opinion. They are close enough to see the size, but far enough away so the boom doesn't make the ears bleed, not so far away that there is no boom at all. Eeee, can't wait, so excited. I love Fourth of July.

So, I'm stuck in here, and I can't get out. Please, anyone? GET. ME. OUTTA. HERE.
So, that is about it. I have six minutes before I leave for work, so I have to get pictures in and then go to work. Make some money, and be generally unhappy for 8 hours (call center work, nobody is ever happy there). Peace love, chicken grease, oh and some cute to make your day. <3 JESS

Can Ronan come out to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment