Sunday, July 10, 2011

Well, here we go again.

So, on Tuesday at a bright and early 10:45 am (Mountain Time) our Monster goes in for palate surgery. We are currently unsure if this is going to be a one step or more than one step process to fix her palate. Some doctors do it in stages while others do the repair all at once. I hope our doctor does it all at once. That would be wonderful.

So, now I have the unfortunate dilemma of having to work while my baby heals. I will be taking off the day of her surgery and three days after just to be there for her through the worst of the pain, that way Daddy Monster isn't stuck with an Angry Kaylee Monster all by himself (that will make Daddy Monster cranky). Yeah, I guess one could say that I am nervous (yet again, but hey, this is my Monster that we are talking about here).

In any case, what will be, will be. I must learn that I cannot control everything (as much as I would wish to). So, updates on the monster? Well, she has two bottom teeth, and now one upper tooth. Which I have yet to get a picture of; as soon as she tilts her head to the right angle I miss the shot with my camera. One day, I shall get a camera that will make professionals cry (it will be that amazing). Until then, my happy little Sanyo VPC will have to suffice. I digress. One upper front tooth, the other, well I don't know how that will come in; sideways I expect - considering the angle of her gumline.

Fourth of July was fun for her. She enjoyed the fireworks. About halfway through she decided that the pretty lights in the sky were just not that interesting. She got to see some red, green, gold and white sparklers sort of up close, and we bought this tiny little fountain for her to see as well. She did love it. Next year she will probably be more interested, this year she was more interested in chewing on her thumb. :) I love this kid.

Anyway, that is all for now. My daughter is sleeping overnight at my parents house and I must say (because I cannot sleep for the life of me) that my kitchen has never looked so clean. And yea, that is all. There are not many pictures today, but I shall leave you with a few of Kaylee in the pool, as well as the pic of her in her Fourth of July outfit. <3 Jess

I can swim!

Those are my feet in the water.

Hi Mom!

What? I am having fun!

Splashy!

I love the water!

Getting kind of chilly.

Oooh...look at that!
Ready for fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment