Sunday, July 31, 2011

Two Days...And Counting.

Surgery for Kaylee's palate is on Wednesday at 12:45pm. I am getting really nervous again. I hate this feeling, but again my mantra remains the same: I'm doing this for her, not to her. I still get so upset. I know it is for the best, but what mother wants her daughter/son to be in pain? None that I know of.

She is going to be sooo grumpy on Wednesday morning. Her last bottle feeding will be at six, but at least she will still have water or clear juice until 9:00am. So, yeah. I guess I just wanted to let you all know. We will be staying at least one night in the hospital. It could be more, just depending on how she deals with feeding after her surgery.

I again plan on actively blogging and posting pictures to keep everyone updated, but who knows how that will go once she is out of surgery. I don't plan to be doing anything except keeping her company and making sure she is okay.

I've got my list of things that we will need to take, I've got a list of questions that I want to ask, I've got my fingers crossed for a good outcome and I am hoping that we get through this in tact. I know I tend to get really, very, very, nervous and snappy so I hope I don't bite anyone's head off, but if I do, know that it is not intentional, I just get very emotional.

Anyway, let's talk about my daughter. She just turned 10 months, and she is literally (I believe) a few weeks away from walking. If I hold her hands and walk backwards slowly, she starts to walk towards me, then she gets all excited and then decides to fall on her bum. That is how babies roll. She's definitely breached the 20 pound mark, and is talking us to pieces everyday. I love how much she is growing, it makes me a happy woman.

So, yeah. Things are going well on all fronts right now. We are doing well and I will keep you all updated with news during and after surgery. <3 JESS

No comments:

Post a Comment