Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healing - The Tape Meets It's End!

So, Kaylee's tape finally fell off. It fell off in her sleep last night, just as I thought it might. She is such a cutie pie. Her nose looks good, and so does her lip. So far it doesn't look too bad. A bit red, but that is the way it is with any scarring.

Overall she is a happy kid. She loves to be outside in the open air. I cannot wait for summer when I can take her to her swimming lessons. I just hope the doctors don't decide to have her palate surgery in the middle of, say, July...that would suck. No swimming for her. But we shall see, in the end it will happen when it happens.

Kaylee and I spent the day at my mom's house. She has my niece and nephew there from Japan. I went to help her take care of them. They are fun. Little Azaria laughs all the time. And Baby Jeesus is awesome - he definitely loves the slide at the park. I wish I could catch a picture of that, but since I have to catch him on the way down it makes sense that I cannot get that pic. Maybe I will have my sister help me with it, because that smile when he is on his way down is precious. Overall I think they are adjusting well to life in the States, soon though my sister and her husband will be here and a family will be reunited. <3

In other news: I have a stock pile of baby food for Kaylee in the freezer. I have carrots, peas, green beans, bananas, sweet potato and squash in  cube form stuck in freezer bags. She seriously has food for a month LOL. I actually really dig making her baby food because I think it will be healthier in the long run for her. I just need to work on pureeing some meats for her as well; protein baby, protein.

So, that is about it. We have a follow up appointment in Denver on the 11th of April, that will be fun. Otherwise we are good for a few months, treatment wise. Now it is just a matter of really enjoying my baby girl. I can't wait for it to get warm to go swimming! Anyway, I have to go. I need to clean tomorrow's supply of bottles and whatnot.

Meantime.....

Stop looking at me!

Hey, what is that over there? *tries to roll over*

No comments:

Post a Comment