Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 18 - Surgery: The Details.

So, we got the call from Dr. A's office to let us know what is going to happen on Tuesday.

Kaylee's surgery is at 12:15pm. We need to be there 2 hours earlier for check in and anesthesia. She cannot have any thing to eat after 6:15am. She will be allowed to drink water, Pedialyte, or watered down apple juice until 9:15am. After that, she can't have anything.

Surgery will take approximately 2 hours, and she will be in a recovery room for 2 hours afterward. She will be spending the night, and maybe a lot of the next day, depending on how well she comes off of the anesthetic and if she can eat a certain amount.

She will have desolving stitches and no-no's on her arms for up to two weeks. She will have a follow up in April.

That is about it. A lot simpler that I originally thought. As I said before, I will be basically live blogging the event before, during and after with lots of pictures (both here and on facebook) should anyone want to follow progress.

In any case, I just wanted to say hello and tell everyone what is going on. So, now I leave you with a bit of cute with a story behind it:
Kaylee grabbed Jack by the throat and said "Jack Skellington, I choke you." She then slowly put his head in her mouth, slobbered Jack and threw him on the floor. "Jack, you suck." Then Kaylee laughed the evil laugh of a girl who will one day rule the world. The end.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited and nervous for all three of you. I'll be eagerly awaiting updates and pictures and stuff! /hug

    ReplyDelete