Saturday, March 19, 2011

Recovery Day Four!

Kaylee is doing really so well. She's taking her meds like a champ and she hardly grabs at her face at all. I am, of course, assuming that she will start to scratch a lot in a couple of days when the sutures really start healing, but we will deal with that when we come around to it.

So, let's see. She is eating well, she is loving the outdoors, she met her cousins from Japan today (they are sooo cute), and she totally has this thing where she licks her lips a lot! I imagine it just feels so strange to her to not have this massive hard plastic device in her mouth. It is really cute. She's starting to pull herself into a sitting position all on her own, and she is trying her damnedest to army crawl from one end of the room to another.

She loves to look at herself in the mirror, take her to one and she just squeals and giggles with delight. All in all, I would say that she is a normal baby. Well, normal by our standards anyway: she still falls asleep to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen and she still stares at the TV screen when the trademark red Netflix screen comes on the Xbox. LOL.

I just love my little girl.

Oh, and that whole thing about missing her wide smile? Oh boy do I miss it, but gosh - she looks so amazing and she smiles just like her father! Anyway, I have a screaming baby on my hands, just wanted to say hello!
JESS

Lickin my lips!

Well, hello there!

I'm licking off the remnants of my dinners!

2 comments: