Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 17 - Two Weeks Left.

Well. Today has not been a good one for my little Kaylee girl. She is very, very upset. To say the very least.

She had an addition placed on her nasal stent which is pushing the gums down toward her lower jaw. So, it hurts. I think that the piece that was added also blocks her airway a little. She seemed to have some trouble breathing, so I loosened her mustache and went with a more triple stretch than a double on her rubber bands to compensate. She should get used to it soon. She just stopped crying about ten minutes ago, and I can finally breathe a little. My poor, poor girl.

In other news, we are still on for surgery in two weeks exactly. It has been quite a ride so far, and now we are looking at an even bigger one with her first of many surgeries. I am excited, yet nervous and just a little bit afraid. Excited because she will finally have an upper lip and no more NAM. Nervous because my daughter is going in for surgery. Afraid because she is my daughter, and the last thing any parent wants is to have their daughter or son go through something like this. Alas, we shall persevere.

Kaylee was a superstar for her appointment today though, she had the room full of pediatric dentists laughing. She just loves to giggle at people and make them smile. She showed off all of her newly acquired skills like rolling over, and sitting on her own. And she even grabbed a few handfuls of hair (which she loves doing thanks to Grandma M). She is such a happy little girl and the world loves her.

I leave you with a pile of cute: Kaylee Monster.
Hello world. I am on my Exersaucer.

Slurp.

No, I was not just pulling on my NAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment