Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 18 - The Final Countdown.



So, here we are. We've made it to the last week of her NAM. Oh boy. It's really starting to sink in that this is going to happen. My Kaylee is going to have surgery.

Her adjustment went well. There was only one thing the good old Dr. H wanted to do and that was to raise up her nostril just the tiniest bit. I was nervous after what happened last week and having to go to the office in Cherry Creek. But she raised it just a smidge and Kaylee was completely okay with it.

In other Kaylee news: she is doing wonderfully when it comes to sitting up and rolling over. She likes to be sat down and then she rolls onto her side to roll onto her stomach; it is the cutest thing. Now if I could only get her to do it on video. As soon as the camera comes out she gets performance anxiety and just stares at me. LOL. I love my little cutie.

Anyway, we took pictures of Kaylee with Dr. H and the dental hygienist Jessica for her last visit to the office. They were sad, they said that they are going to miss her. Considering how close Children's Hospital is to the dentist office I figure we will pop in and say hello every time we have to go the Hospital for a checkup. Plus, Dr. H is going to be Kaylee's dentist forever. I know it is a far drive just for dental care, but Dr. H knows Kaylee's mouth and I think she is the best for the job.

So, yeah. here are some awesome-sauce pictures of my Kaylee on the first day of her last week with the NAM.
I'm ready to go now! I look pretty.
Oh! I have shoes on.
Seriously...take them off. I can't feel my feet. (She started crying shortly after this pic was taken. I think because she couldn't touch her toes.)   


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how gorgeous she is. I know you have fears (and rightfully so) about her upcoming surgery but you know she is in great hands at Children's and aren't you just excited as can be to see her after?

    Please let me know the time of the surgery and please post a quick update on your bloggo here! I am sending warm fuzzy happy thoughts your way and will do so again during surgery time. Hang in there.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete