Friday, August 12, 2011

Recovery and Other Stories.

Well, The Kaylee Monster is doing much, much better. She is taking in food, she is playing like nothing ever happened, she adores the kitchen floor and she has decided that she is no longer going to crawl. And I think her favorite song is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. Three nights in a row she fell asleep to that song. :)

As far as her mouth goes: she doesn't bother with it. I think she realizes that something changed, but she doesn't quite know what it was, so she does not care. We don't even use the No-no's anymore. She is making the best sounds now! She actually has a giggle! Before it was a throaty kind of gurgle, like someone clearing their throat. Now she has this adorable giggle that she never had before. I love it. Making her laugh is our number one goal, just to hear that giggle. :)

 As far as feeding goes: good golly Miss Molly! I had no idea a child could drink so much fluid in one go. Last night around three in the morning she woke up because she was really hungry right, so I woke up and made an eight oz bottle which she drank down no problem. Then she started crying and begging for more. I made six more ounces and she drank all of that too. It is almost like she has decided to make up for the week that she didn't eat hardly anything. Yeah, she is eating well.

She even has gained her sucking reflex already. She tries to suck on her Habermann. It is not made to allow for suction so she gets nothing when she tries, but the reflex is there meaning that her palate muscles are working and that is amazing. I am so happy and proud of her. She has gone through the hardest part so far and handled it like a pro. <3 my daughter so much. :)

Her activity has increased since we got home from the hospital and stopped giving her the baby narcotics they gave us. She loves to pull herself up on anything she can: my jeans, my pajamas, the dog, the chairs, the dog. She loves to pull herself up on all of those things, mostly my legs, but it is awesome. Earlier today I watched her as she went straight into the kitchen and lay down on the kitchen floor. She just lay there, looking around, but didn't try to touch anything or go toward any cabinets. She just lay there. It was cute, she almost fell asleep until Ronan the Destroyer barked and scared her; then she started to cry and needed Mommy cuddles.

She refuses to crawl anywhere anymore. She absolutely has to scoot along the walls and cabinets and shelves and everything else to get places. She even holds onto my pant legs and walks with me slowly across the living room floor to get to the other side. It is amazing. Soon she will just let go of my pant leg and start walking around like a master. Then I have got to get her ready for shoes.

Anyway, that was just a quick update. I have some pictures here for you all. Enjoy the cute that is Kaylee Monster. <3 JESS

Playing with her learning table!

What happens when I do this?

Oooooh! Shiny!


1 comment:

  1. SO glad to hear that she's doing so great!!!! We have palate surgery on Thursday and I'm SO stressed about it. Off to pack for our early morning departure first thing tomorrow. Yay Kaylee Monster! Way to go and keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete